The Panchase Trek is one of Nepal’s hidden gems. Being in the same region as the Annapurna Circuit, Poon Hill trek and the ABC Trek, it is often overlooked by hikers. However, if you don’t have the time to trek these routes, but still want beautiful scenery and mountain peak views, then the Panchase Trek is the perfect option.Being only 5 days long, this is a great trek for beginners and will give you a real sense of what it’s like to trek some of the more wilder sections of the Himalayas. The Panchase Trek only requires moderate fitness and is perfectly trek-able for families and retirees. It’s also one of the cheapest treks in Nepal which is great for people on a budget.
Starting at Pokhara, the trek allows you to explore the amazing city and all the wonders it has to offer before leaving.The trek begins in style as you cross the Phewa lake by boat – an experience in itself! The trail takes you past the World Peace Pagoda and then down through some lovely local villages where you can witness the authentic and rustic lifestyle of the local people.Panchase is actually one of the hill stations in the Annapurna Region and also a religious site for Hindu People. The summit of Panchase Hill (2,500m) is often considered to be the best viewpoint to see Annapurna massif. However, along your trek you’ll also see other giant Himalaya peaks including Dhaulagiri, Lamjung, Machhapuchhre and Manaslu.
Apart from being a great introduction to Himalaya trekking for novices, as well as providing an incredible experience for those with less time on their hands, the main drawcard of the Panchase trek is the beauty and diversity of the scenery: one minute there is terraced rice fields lush, the next, lush vegetation and then alpine areas.The Panchase Trek is one of the easier treks in Nepal and is perfect for beginners or families. The trek is only 4 days long and does not cross any formidable passes.
NOTE:We request you to provide your own dates of arrival so that we can let you know the availability and other possible dates for this trip.This yoga trekking can also be customized to more or less number of days and according to your need & time.You also have the option to select a group trekking or private trekking.
Our Confirmed Booked Group Trekking Dates
Shared base room cost $645/perperson
Private base room cost $795/perperson
• Daily Morning & Evening Hatha Yoga Sessions to restore your physical & mental health
• Daily Meditation Sessions Morning,Afternoon & Evening
• Yoga Mats,Teacher & personal guidance
• Ayurvedic Massage at the end of trek
• English speaking guide,porter and Yoga teacher
• Yoga and Satsang during the trek on daily basis
• Personal guidance throughout the retreat
What's included(At Atmashree & Trekking Routes)
• Expenses for drinking water,wifi,rooms,battery charging & hot shower.
• 3 meals daily with tea or coffee
• 6 nights' accommodation & Rooms
• All taxes and fees
• Transportation charges from retreat center to lakeside & boat Ride
• All the paper works and permits
• Trekking Poles
• First Aid Box for minor health issues like diarrhoa,dysentry,constipation,dizziness,light headache & vomiting
What's not included(At Trekking Routes)
• Emergency Evacuation
• Tips to teacher and guide
• Personal Travel Insurance
• Expenses on horses,porters & helpers
• Trekking Shoes
Day 1-Arrival At Atmashree Yoga
4:00 Herbal Tea
4:30 Hatha Yoga Practices-Asana,Pranayama,Mudra & Bandha
7:30 Chanting(kirtans & mantras),Meditation & Concentration Practice
Day 2-Boat trip across Lake Phewa – Trek to Bumdi (1520m)
You set off from Pokhara on a short boat trip across the beautiful Lake Phewa. This takes you to your start point. You begin with a short climb through a lush forest. You come to some staurs which lead up to the World Peace Pagoda. The peace pagoda is one of 80 Buddhist peace pagodas world wide and are built in an attempt to promote world peace. The pagoda is an impressive sight alone, however, from this point you also get stunning views out across Phewa Lake and Pokhara. After a time you continue down through the forest on a small trail before ascending again to join an open jeep trail that winds its way around the hill. You then trek through the village of Lukum Swara before your final climb of the day up to the village of Bumdi where you spend the night either in a tea house or camping.
Approx Walking Time: 5 hours
Day 3-Trek to Panchase Bhanjyang (2065m)
You begin the day by ascending through a beautiful forest where you continue to get glimpses of the mountains through the trees. If you love wildlife then get your camera ready as you’ll see and hear many different birds and, if you’re lucky, see some monkeys! After a time the trail joins a dirt road where you get a great panoramic view of the surrounding mountains. You can even see three 8,000 metre peaks in distance – Dhaulagiri, Annapurna I and Manalsu! You then continue along the jeep trail before arriving at Panchase Bhanjyang where you can either cam or stay in a local tea house.
Approx Walking Time: 5 hours
Day 4-Trek to Nagadanda (1670m)
Today you reach the summit of Panchase Hill! At 2,500 metres, this is the highest point of your trek and you are rewarded with incredible mountain views! If you get up really early you’ll have the chance to witness the sun rising over the mountains, bathing the peaks in golden sunlight. After staying to witness the views you descend once again to the to the village of Alldanda on the far side of the hill where you have lunch. The afternoon is an easy stroll down to your campsite for the evening which is situated just above the town of Nagadanda
Approx Walking Time: 5 hours
Day 5-Trek to Sarangkot(1600m)
You begin your fourth day with a quick walk down to Bhadaure before reaching Sarangkot. The trail winds its way along through local villages and across several streams before reaching the town of Naudanda where you join the main highway to reach Sarangkot.
Approx Walking Time: 4-5 hours
Day 6-Trek to Atmashree Yoga Retreat(700m)
Last day of our trek ends after completing our sunrise view,yoga sessions,breakfast and hiking back down to Atmashree witnessing the beauty of Fewa lake and paragliders roaming around our head.You will be provided with Ayurvedic Massage in the evening which is included in the package price.
Approx Walking Time: 2 hours
Distance: 3 km
Day 7-Restorative Yoga & Departure
Restorative Yoga Program in the morning followed by breakfast and departure
• Any rest days taken on route are counted as trekking days and must be paid in full
• If the trek return date is delayed due to flight delays/client’s illness etc. it is the client’s responsibility to pay for the additional days upon return at the office - For individual tea house trek, if the departure date is later and/or the return date is earlier than scheduled, please note that there will not be a refund
• There will be no refund for cancellation due to sickness, weather conditions or change of mind
• Atmashree Yoga is not responsible or liable for any unforeseen situations, such as accident, theft, damage and loss of equipment and valuables, delay, excess luggage charges, bad weather, strike and/or political disturbance.
• Weather conditions can change rapidly in the mountains; to guarantee safety clients must follow the guide's / staff's sdvice. If clients want to continue on , with their trek despite the guide’s judgment, neither the guide nor Atmashree are responsible for the client's safety
• Please be open and talk with your guide if you have any questions, concerns or issues. We strongly recommend that clients carry their own personal travel insurance and bring any special medicine they require with them. Ensure that your policy covers you for high altitude trekking (up to over 5000m, depending on the trek) and also covers all hospital bills, mountain rescue costs, air ambulance costs, repatriation costs and trip cancellation. It is your own responsibility to ensure that the insurance cover you have is adequate. We also advise clients to take appropriate care of their belongings and to be aware of their own and staff’s health.
• Atmashree Yoga Retreat strongly recommends you to join our short meditation and yoga retreat program before you take up this trekking program so that you have enough time to prepare your body, mind, and spirit to remain healthy, conscious, active, and not suffer from high altitude sickness.
Check List for Trekking Routes
2.Wind & water proof glove-1pair
3.Half T-shirt - 1pc
4.Full T-shirt - 2pc
5.Neck Scalf - 1pc
9.Lower Thermal - 1pc
13.Light Towel, toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, soap
14. Sun Glasses
15.Thermos to keep water warm