Khopra danda Trek is that one of the most panoramic as well as unspoiled moderate trekking routes within the Annapurna Conservation Area. Somebody also calls this trekking Khair Lake trek since it includes in the route. The ultimate destinations of this trekking are Khopra ridge at an altitude of 3,660 meters/12007 feet and then Khair Lake. This beautiful mountain lake is 4 hours of hiking above from Khopra ridge lies on the height of 4,500 meters/14,763 feet above sea level.
Khopra Danda is probably the best viewpoint for the Himalayan Panorama includes Mt. Dhaulagiri, Annapurna South, Gurja Himal, Nilgiri, Tukuche Peak, Hiunchuli, Machhapuchhre, and Mardi Himal. The other salient features of Khopra Ridge Trekking are this trail is formally opened just a few years back for all hiking lovers in Annapurna Region. Likewise, this trekking trail is away from the busier trails of Annapurna Area. More, the trail has tea houses for night stay although it is on the off the beaten part of Annapurna Region.
Khopra Danda Trekking trail is also connected beautiful villages. They are belonging to the ethnicity of Magar, Gurung, Brahman, and Chhetris. Therefore this trekking trip also grants to explore rural lifestyle and culture of western Nepal. Moreover, the trail passes through a lush forest of pine, oak, rhododendron, bamboo trees. While trekking it’s greater chance to see deer, Languor monkey and various species of birds.
Khopra Danda Trek starts from Nayapul, hourly drive from Pokhara. The trail follows the route of Annapurna Base Camp till Tadapani. From Tadapani it is disconnected from the main the trail and follows Khopra Ridge. After the visit of Khopra Ridge and Khair Lake it descends to Shikha village then follows Tatopani. In Tatopani, you end the trek. Then drive back to Atmashree Yoga connecting Pokhara City.
Trekking to Khopra Danda can be done any date and time of the year. However, the perfect time is from Mid Sept to Mid Dec and from Mid Feb to end of May in the year. During this period daytime is sunny and warm with outstanding views. In winter (Dec, Jan, Feb) is also possible but you could get much coldness. In the summer season (June, July, Aug) the trekking might be affected by rain/monsoon. Excellent Himalaya Trek and Expedition will be happy to organize this trekking on any date that you select.
Khopra Danda Trek Note:
Khopra Danda Trek is obviously a remarkable trekking trip. You can make it further exciting by joining in extra activities/ side trips. As the interest of people is different from each other, we have put these extra activities as optional tours. Any additional information about Khopra Danda Trek please contact us email@example.com
NOTE:We request you to provide your own dates of arrival so that we can let you know the availability and other possible dates for this trip.This yoga trekking can also be customized to more or less number of days and according to your need & time.You also have the option to select a group trekking or private trekking.
Our Confirmed Booked Group Trekking Dates
Shared base room cost $1295/perperson
Private base room cost $1295/perperson
• Daily Morning & Evening Hatha Yoga Sessions to restore your physical & mental health
• Daily Meditation Sessions Morning,Afternoon & Evening
• Yoga Mats,Teacher & personal guidance
• Ayurvedic Massage at the end of trek
• English speaking guide,porter and Yoga teacher
• Yoga and Satsang during the trek on daily basis
• Personal guidance throughout the retreat
What's included(At Atmashree & Trekking Routes)
• Expenses for drinking water,wifi,hot shower & battery charging
• 3 meals daily
• 7 nights' accommodation & Rooms
• All taxes and fees
• Sleeping Bag
• Trekking Poles
• Transportation charges(From Retreat center to Nayapul & From Tatopani to Atmashree Yoga Retreat)
• All the paper works and permits
• Yoga Sessions,Teacher & Yoga mats
• First Aid Box for minor health issues like diarrhoa,dysentry,constipation,dizziness,light headache,vomiting & high altitude sickness.
What's not included(At Trekking Routes)
• Emergency evacuation
• Tips to teacher and guide(porter)
• Personal travel & Trekking insurance
• Horses and extra helpers for personal use
Day 01 : Arrival at Atmashree Yoga Retreat
Day 02 : Trek Preparation & Daily Yoga Retreat
Day 03 : Drive from Atmashree to Naya Pul. Trekking from Naya Pul to Tikhe Dhunga (Alt. 1540m/ 5005ft).
Day 04 : Trekking from Tikhe Dhunga to Ghorepani (Alt. 2860m/9295ft).
Day 05 : Early morning trekking from Ghorepani to Poon Hill. Then to Tadapani. (Alt. 2630m/8548ft).
Day 06 : Trekking from Tadapani to Bayeli Kharka (Alt. 3450m/11611ft).
Day 07 : Trekking from Bayeli Kharka to Khopra danda (Alt. 3660m/12004ft).
Day 08 : Hiking from Khopra Danda to Khopra Lake (Alt. 4500m/14760ft) & back to Khopra Danda.
Day 09 : Trekking from Khopra danda to Sikha (Alt. 1935m/6346ft).
Day 10 : Trekking from Sikha to Tatopani( Alt. 1190m/3903ft). Then drive to Pokhara.
Day 11 : Restorative Yoga Retreat
Day 12 : Final Departure from Nepal.
• Any rest days taken on route are counted as trekking days and must be paid in full
• If the trek return date is delayed due to flight delays/client’s illness etc. it is the client’s responsibility to pay for the additional days upon return at the office - For individual tea house trek, if the departure date is later and/or the return date is earlier than scheduled, please note that there will not be a refund
• There will be no refund for cancellation due to sickness, weather conditions or change of mind
• Atmashree Yoga is not responsible or liable for any unforeseen situations, such as accident, theft, damage and loss of equipment and valuables, delay, excess luggage charges, bad weather, strike and/or political disturbance.
• Weather conditions can change rapidly in the mountains; to guarantee safety clients must follow the guide's / staff's sdvice. If clients want to continue on , with their trek despite the guide’s judgment, neither the guide nor Atmashree are responsible for the client's safety
• Please be open and talk with your guide if you have any questions, concerns or issues. We strongly recommend that clients carry their own personal travel insurance and bring any special medicine they require with them. Ensure that your policy covers you for high altitude trekking (up to over 5000m, depending on the trek) and also covers all hospital bills, mountain rescue costs, air ambulance costs, repatriation costs and trip cancellation. It is your own responsibility to ensure that the insurance cover you have is adequate. We also advise clients to take appropriate care of their belongings and to be aware of their own and staff’s health.
• Atmashree Yoga Retreat strongly recommends you to join our short meditation and yoga retreat program before you take up this trekking program so that you have enough time to prepare your body, mind, and spirit to remain healthy, conscious, active, and not suffer from high altitude sickness.
Check List for Trekking Routes
2.Wind & water proof glove-1pair
3.Half T-shirt - 1pc
4.Full T-shirt - 2pc
5.Neck Scalf - 1pc
8.Wind Proof Jacket - 1pc
9.Lower Thermal - 1pc
13.Towel, toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, soap
14. Sun Glasses
15.Thermos to keep water warm