Khopra danda Trek is that one of the most panoramic as well as unspoiled moderate trekking routes within the Annapurna Conservation Area. Somebody also calls this trekking Khair Lake trek since it includes in the route. The ultimate destinations of this trekking are Khopra ridge at an altitude of 3,660 meters/12007 feet and then Khair Lake. This beautiful mountain lake is 4 hours of hiking above from Khopra ridge lies on the height of 4,500 meters/14,763 feet above sea level.
Khopra Danda is probably the best viewpoint for the Himalayan Panorama includes Mt. Dhaulagiri, Annapurna South, Gurja Himal, Nilgiri, Tukuche Peak, Hiunchuli, Machhapuchhre, and Mardi Himal. The other salient features of Khopra Ridge Trekking are this trail is formally opened just a few years back for all hiking lovers in Annapurna Region. Likewise, this trekking trail is away from the busier trails of Annapurna Area. More, the trail has tea houses for night stay although it is on the off the beaten part of Annapurna Region.
Khopra Danda Trekking trail is also connected beautiful villages. They are belonging to the ethnicity of Magar, Gurung, Brahman, and Chhetris. Therefore this trekking trip also grants to explore rural lifestyle and culture of western Nepal. Moreover, the trail passes through a lush forest of pine, oak, rhododendron, bamboo trees. While trekking it’s greater chance to see deer, Languor monkey and various species of birds.
Trekking to Khopra Danda can be done any date and time of the year. However, the perfect time is from Mid Sept to Mid Dec and from Mid Feb to end of May in the year. During this period daytime is sunny and warm with outstanding views. In winter (Dec, Jan, Feb) is also possible but you could get much coldness. In the summer season (June, July, Aug) the trekking might be affected by rain/monsoon.
Check out the feedback left by our valuable guests who attended this yoga trek
Shared base room cost $1295/perperson
Private base room cost $1295/perperson
• Daily Morning & Evening Hatha Yoga Sessions to restore your physical & mental health
• Daily Meditation Sessions Morning,Afternoon & Evening
• Yoga Mats,Teacher & personal guidance
• Ayurvedic Massage at the end of trek
• English speaking guide,porter and Yoga teacher
• Yoga and Satsang during the trek on daily basis
• Personal guidance throughout the retreat
What's included(At Atmashree & Trekking Routes)
• Expenses for drinking water,wifi,hot shower & battery charging
• 3 meals daily
• 11 nights' accommodation & Rooms
• All taxes and fees
• Sleeping Bag
• Trekking Poles
• Transportation charges(From Retreat center to Nayapul & From Tatopani to Atmashree Yoga Retreat)
• All the paper works and permits
• Yoga Sessions,Teacher & Yoga mats
• First Aid Box for minor health issues like diarrhoa,dysentry,constipation,dizziness,light headache,vomiting & high altitude sickness.
What's not included(At Trekking Routes)
• Emergency evacuation
• Tips to teacher and guide(porter)
• Personal travel & Trekking insurance
• Horses and extra helpers for personal use
Day 01 : Arrival at Atmashree Yoga Retreat
Day 02 : Trek Preparation & Daily Yoga Retreat
Day 03 : Drive from Atmashree to Birethantil. Trekking from Birethanti to Ulleri
Day 04 : Trekking from Ulleri to Ghorepani (Alt. 2860m/9295ft).
Day 05 : Early morning trekking from Ghorepani to Poon Hill. Then to Swanta.
Day 06 : Trekking from Swanta to Khopra Danda 3660m
Day 07 : Trekking from Khopra danda to Thistipang(Day visit around Khopra Danda)
Day 08 : Hiking from Thistipang to Dobato
Day 09 : Trekking from Dobato to Chuile
Day 10 : Trekking from Chuile to Natural hot spring-Jhinudanda( Alt. 1790m).
Day 11 : Drive to Atmashree from Jhinudanda
Day 12 : Final Departure from Atmashree
1.Our primary concern is your safety" while traveling with Atmashree Yoga along along with Yoga Lessons. Please note that your leader has the authority to modify or cancel any part of the itinerary if it is supposed necessary due to safety concerns. Our every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary as it is; however, since this adventure entails travelling in remote mountainous areas, we cannot guarantee that we will not deviate from it. Weather conditions, health condition of a group member, unexpected natural disasters etc. can all contribute to changes in the itinerary. The leader will try to ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but please be prepared to be flexible if required.
2.We request you to provide your own dates of arrival so that we can let you know the availability and other possible dates for this trip.This yoga trekking can also be customized to more or less number of days and according to your need & time.
3.The price for share & private room is same due to limited number of rooms in mountainous region.You will be sharing the room with other members of same group.At Atmashree you will have your own private room.
4.Minimum participants required-2
• Any rest days taken on route are counted as trekking days and must be paid in full
• If the trek return date is delayed due to flight delays/client’s illness etc. it is the client’s responsibility to pay for the additional days upon return at the office - For individual tea house trek, if the departure date is later and/or the return date is earlier than scheduled, please note that there will not be a refund
• There will be no refund for cancellation due to sickness, weather conditions or change of mind
• Atmashree Yoga is not responsible or liable for any unforeseen situations, such as accident, theft, damage and loss of equipment and valuables, delay, excess luggage charges, bad weather, strike and/or political disturbance.
• Weather conditions can change rapidly in the mountains; to guarantee safety clients must follow the guide's / staff's sdvice. If clients want to continue on with their trek despite the guide’s judgment, neither the guide nor Atmashree are responsible for the client's safety
• Please be open and talk with your guide if you have any questions, concerns or issues. We strongly recommend that clients carry their own personal travel insurance and bring any special medicine they require with them. Ensure that your policy covers you for high altitude trekking (up to over 5000m, depending on the trek) and also covers all hospital bills, mountain rescue costs, air ambulance costs, repatriation costs and trip cancellation. It is your own responsibility to ensure that the insurance cover you have is adequate. We also advise clients to take appropriate care of their belongings and to be aware of their own and staff’s health.
• Atmashree Yoga Retreat strongly recommends you to join our short meditation and yoga retreat program before you take up this trekking program so that you have enough time to prepare your body, mind, and spirit to remain healthy, conscious, active, and not suffer from high altitude sickness.
• Our course payments are pre-contracted.30% non-refundable deposit is required to secure the space and rest 2 weeks before arrival.In any circumstances, the deposited fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable, unless the course is cancelled by the yoga retreat center. The fees are also non-negotiable.
• The management reserves the right to terminate/ expel any participants who do not abide by the above rules, are disruptive or abusive to the place, teachers or other participants. (which may include, by way of example, violence, excessive use of bad language, threatening behavior or inappropriate sexual activities). In the event of a participants being expelled due to a breach of the rules, no refund of fees shall be given.
• Please ensure you read and understand the above terms and conditions.
Check List for Trekking Routes
2.Wind & water proof glove-1pair
3.Half T-shirt - 1pc
4.Full T-shirt - 2pc
5.Neck Scalf - 1pc
8.Wind Proof Jacket - 1pc
9.Lower Thermal - 1pc
13.Towel, toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, soap
14. Sun Glasses
15.Thermos to keep water warm