Yoga may be described as a set of physical practices designed to promote control of the mind and body and to attain spiritual and physical well-being. The practice of yoga can help to increase self awareness, promote a sense of peace, and increase the body’s strength, endurance and flexibility.The basic goal of yoga is to unite the body, mind and spirit. However, there are different styles, or schools, of yoga and each will go about achieving this goal in their own way. The practice of yoga is typically comprised of three basic elements which are as follows:
1.Asanas-Asanas, or postures, are gentle stretching movements which help to balance the mind and body while rejuvenating the brain, spine, glands and internal organs. Postures are intended to increase the blood and prana supply to targeted organs or glands.
2.Pranayama-Pranayama refers to breathing. Yoga involves specially developed breathing techniques which produce a large store of energy in the area of the solar plexus. The energy creates vitality in the body and helps to combat illness or disease. Yoga breathing also improves brain function, helps to eliminate toxins in the body, and promotes relaxation. By combining asanas and pranayama, the result is a state of high vitality and rejuvenation. Yoga breathing is performed through the nose, both on inhalation and exhalation.
3.Meditation-Meditation, or concentration, can help to increase the benefits of the postures by concentrating the healing action where it is needed. Meditation may involve affirmations or visualization.
Meditation for the beginner, discovering yoga can be an exciting time.Some styles of yoga, such as hatha, vinyasa, sivananda, and satyananda, are generally more gentle and may be a good place for beginners to start. Other styles of yoga like ashtanga, bikram and power yoga tend to be more vigorous and may not be best for the beginner.
Atmashree yoga school offer beginner classes and our yoga teacher will help to correct your body alignment while performing postures and also suggest modifications to suit any physical restrictions that you may have. It’s important that you pay attention to your body rather than trying to stretch farther than or even keep up with others in the class. If at any time you feel pain, lessen the pose or come out of it altogether.
You can start on any day of the week with prior information and advance booking.
Check out the feedback left by the yoga students after the completion of this course
Shared base room cost $595/perperson
Private base room cost $695/perperson
-ANATOMY AND ALIGNMENT
• Explore the physical body as an integrated system. Learn the ways in which your muscles, joints and connective tissue work together as a whole, creating a more holistic understanding of the body’s anatomy.
-FOUNDATIONS IN BREATH FOR ĀSANA
• Why do we breathe differently in yoga? How do different breath techniques affect the physical body? Learn how to shape the breath to deepen what different āsana (yoga postures) have to offer.
-SEQUENCING PRINCIPLES OF ĀSANA
• Learn how to link āsana together in a safe and effective manner.
• Connect anatomy, breath and sequencing to skillfully create and adapt practices that address specific needs for specific populations.
-SEQUENCING PRINCIPLES FOR THE SUBTLE ENERGY BODY
• Learn to shift your energetic state with tools and techniques that can energize, calm or balance.
• Learn sequencing to prepare for foundations in prāṇyama (breath regulation) and meditation practices
• Safe drinking water
• 9 nights of accommodation & rooms
• All taxes and fees
• Herbal Tea
• Towel & toiletries
• Free wifi
2:00-7:00pm Arrival Time
5:00 Group discussion and orientation
8:00 Chanting(kirtans & mantras),Meditation & Concentration Practice
Varies from day to day between Japa Meditation, Inner Sound, Antar Mouna, Mantra Meditation, Breath Meditation and Silent walk
7:00am Jala Neti followed by tea
Yogic nasal cleansing with neti pot and grounding practices in the garden
7:30am Morning Yoga with group
Pranayama, Dynamic Hatha Yoga & Static Asanas
9:00am Yogic Breakfast(Porridge,oats & fruit juice)
12:00pm Sound Bath & Yoga Philosophy (Optional)
Sound immersion with ancient singing bowls, bells and yoga nidra
1:00pm Yogic Lunch
2:00pm Leisure Time
Time to rest and relax, read, explore the area, journal, meditate, self-practice or nap
3:30pm Open discussion,group counceling and learn to develop your own yoga program
4:30pm Herbal Tea Time
5:00pm Evening Yoga(private)
Dynamic Hatha with chakra awareness & yoga nidra
7:00pm Yogic Dinner(vegetable soup)
8:00pm Mantra Chanting & Kirtans/rest
6:00 Meditation & Mantra Yoga/Morning Sunrise Meditation & Silent Walk
7:00 Shatkarmas(cleansing Practices) & Herbal Tea
7:30 Hatha Yoga Practices
11:00 Departure Timev
1. You are earnestly requested to kindly respect your fellow students,teachers,people and the nepali culture.
2. Our course payments are pre-contracted.30% non-refundable deposit is required to secure the space and rest 2 weeks before arrival.In any circumstances, the deposited fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable, unless the course is cancelled by the yoga retreat center. The fees are also non-negotiable.
3. The management reserves the right to terminate/ expel any participants who do not abide by the above rules, are disruptive or abusive to the place, teachers or other participants. (which may include, by way of example, violence, excessive use of bad language, threatening behavior or inappropriate sexual activities). In the event of a participants being expelled due to a breach of the rules, no refund of fees shall be given.
4. Atmashree Yoga and its counterpart shall not be responsible for any change and alteration in the program due to change of mind,unavoidable circumstances such as landslide, road blockage, flood, snow, political unrest, and cancellation of flight, delay arrival, sickness or accidents.
5. Please ensure you read and understand the above terms and conditions before you book.